MASON CITY FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH
First Baptist Church is located at 687 Prentiss Street,
on the corner of Prentiss and Clay Streets, in Mason City, Nebraska
In the summer of 1881, a number of Baptists united in organizing a Baptist Church. The organization was completed July 15, 1881, under the name of the Oak Springs Baptist Church. That meeting took place in a small sod house located about three-quarters of a mile north of Mason City. Sometime in 1884, a sod church was built about a mile and a half northwest of Mason City. The first church building in Mason City was dedicated on May 20, 1888. On July 2, 1892, the church building was destroyed by a tornado. It was rebuilt and dedicated on September 3, 1893. In 1970, the current Baptist Church was constructed on land one block west and one block south of the old building.
We are a family (Galatians 6:10) under God through His grace extended to all by the Cross and directed by the indwelling Holy Spirit. In our community of Believers we seek to glorify God through our time of corporate worship through the study of Scripture, prayer, songs of rejoicing in His name, and Chrisitian fellowship (Hebrews 10:25). However, we strongly acknowledge and ascribe to the fact that it is also in our individual worship outside of the walls of our church that we are to be the sweet "aroma of Christ" (2 Corinthians 2:15) to all that we encounter in our daily life.
Pastor Roger McDermott is a licensed Baptist minister and was installed in 2012 as the pastor of the church.
Pastor Roger McDermott and his wife, Angie